Monday 2 January 2012

Happy New Year. Bye Bye 2011.


I spent new years with my gorgeous loving friends who had travelled from down south so that we can all spend time together in Sheffield. As last year we counted down to midnight on Brighton Beach, this year had a lot to live up to. We decided not to go out so we spent it at my boyfriend's house, we were non-stop hugging and chatting shizzle all night, it was lovely seeing a couple of my friend groups meeting & celebrating new year's together.

This time of year allows us to reflect on the year that has quickly been and gone. Apart from a few mistakes, my memories of 2011 are beautiful and hilarious. In particular, living with a guy who liked to get naked, drawing pictures and going on adventures to find some grass after nights out, staying up all night being absorbed by conversation and crappy telly, watching sunrise with a couple of beers and strawberries, pretending to have sex on a roundabout, my first meal out with a boyfriend, getting over my fear of toast and cereal, slicing my head on a toilet roll holder, becoming vegetarian, jumping in a private swimming pool and then getting chased by a nun, trying out ales in the peak district and making sandwiches in random places.

Out with the old and in with the new, this year I am going to write a diary, watch more films, bake more cakes, prevent my boyfriend from going hungry and I hope to see more things. I hope that 2012 is going to be the year of positivity and opportunity for everyone.


For last year's words belong to last year's language
And next year's words await another voice.
And to make an end is to make a beginning.
- T.S Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment